Mon, 7 March 2016
3DAD 037 : Terragen 4 - Interview with Oshyan Greene on the latest version of this landscape generator
I am very pleased to introduce Oshyan Greene, the business manager of Planetside Software, which produces the well regarded Terragen 3, a great solution for rendering and animating realistic natural environments. In this session we’re going to talk about the anticipated Terragen 4
In this session we discover:-
- Terragen's capabilities. What can you control as you create your realistic environment? Can you create an entire planet?
- Importing real world terrain datasets. Some of the more notable projects that Terragen has been using this capability.
- A little about Matt Fairclough who is the lead developer for Terragen.
- Terragen 4 - the new Ray Traced preview.
- Hints on some new terrain editing tools.
- Additional photo realism for cloud scenes.
- T4 will include lens flare effects. What type of lens flare effects will we see?
- About the simulation of an Ozone layer in T4.
- The fractal procedural erosion shader by BlinkFrog for T3 (in beta) and it’s free.
- Virtual Reality and Terragen “We're excited about VR and want to see more spherical renders from the community. Send us your renders using the Spherical Camera!” (to Planetside.co.uk)